The East Coast Squash Academy sponsors and subsidises several programs – in total, we donated $33,212 for our athletes during the 2015/16 year.
Here’s how we have supported our top players in 15/16:
1. $9,500 for one High-Performance athlete
2. $3,680 for Elite Development athletes
3. $4,032 for eight Junior Development athletes
4. $16,000 for junior group coaching.
To support junior players, we discount sessions 30-40% to give all children the same opportunities to compete and train at the highest level possible. We have also sourced some of the best coaches in the world who share our values to give every player an equal opportunity to join the next generation of champions. In addition, our director, Aaron Frankcomb, regularly donates his time to help members improve their skills.
We would like to say THANK YOU to all our supporters and volunteers who have helped the Academy build up sponsorship contributions for the benefit of our local squash community.
• Matthew Hollings: thank you for your kind donation towards our Junior Development, Elite Development and High Performance Strength and Conditioning programs.
• David Fleming: thank you for providing substantially discounted accommodation for our high performance team.
• McGrath (Derek Farmer) & Subakette (Michael Daly): thank you for your generous contribution towards our Junior Development Program.
• The Goodman Family: thank you for your kind donations towards our High Performance team traveling to play professional squash events.
• Willoughby Squash Club & Bondi Waverley Squash Club: thank you for your support with our Elite Development and High Performance Team.
• Gina Frankcomb and the canteen team: your ongoing efforts helping out with the food preparation and setup for our canteen during events is appreciated. Without your help, we’d have many hungry players on the court!
• Junior Development and Elite Development parents! Without your support, including volunteering during event weekends for the canteen, cheering everyone on and much, much more, we would not be where we are today.
• To our Junior Development, Elite Development, and High-Performance Teams: your generous contributions to help out with Junior Start-up Coaching and canteen work during events are noticed and much appreciated. The Academy needs big-hearted people like you to grow and expand – together we are making a difference!
With all the financial support throughout the last season, we have been excited to achieve the following results:
Darcy Evans is currently placed #7 and #10 in NSW and Australian National Men's Rankings. As a junior, Evans was ranked #2 in Australia in 2013 and #1 for NSW and Tasmania. He was the winner of the MC Hazel Award in 2013. Evans is also a certified Personal Trainer and Assistant Coach.
2014 Australian Junior Champion Runner-up U17 Girls
2015 Australian Junior Champion U17 Girls
NSW Number 1 U19 Girls 2016
Australian Number 2 U19 Girls 2016
2x NSW Blue Tongue representative
Australian Trans-Tasman Team
2015 NSW State Champion U17 Boys
4 x NSW Bluetongues State Team representative
2015 4th Place U17 Boys Australian Junior Championships
Ranked #1 in NSW U19 Boys
Ranked #15 in Australia U19 Boys
Ranked 2 in NSW U13 Girls
Runner-up NSW Junior Championships
2015 AJO 3rd Position U11 Girls
12th in Australia in the U13 Girls
Ranked #1 in NSW U11 Boys
Oceania U11 Boys Champion
Ranked #2 in NSW U13 Boys
Represented NSW Blue Tongues 2015
2015 top 3 in NSW
Represented NSW Blue Tongues 2015
2015 top 3 in NSW U13 Boys
Ranked #8 in NSW U17 Boys 2016
Ranked #7 in NSW U17 Boys
2015 NSW CHS TEAM
2015 Australian CHS TEAM
2nd Place U15 Girls 2015 ACT Junior Championships
Ranked #4 in NSW 2016
Ranked #10 in the NSW U15 boys
2x Metropolitan Catholic Colleges School Champion
7th in NSW U19 Boys 2016
As you can see, we’re making a difference one player at a time. Our goal is to offer every player an equal opportunity to develop his or her squash skills to the maximum of his or her availability. We feel proud of our young champions knowing that they now serve as an inspiration to other (even younger) children.
In a society where kids can fall into bad behaviours, our young champions are setting the bar for themselves and others to aspire to goals and ideologies that will improve our community in general.
Who would have thought that a game of squash could give so much hope and direction to so many young Australians!
In order for the Academy to continue to implement programs and training we are looking for support for the next 2016/17 season.
If you want to get a contribution in before the financial year-end, please contact Aaron ASAP and we can figure out how to make the best use of your donation and/or sponsorship. We have court tin advertisements, clothing/t-shirt logo ads, webpage links, email links, and corporate sponsored events/days available.
Thank you all for your past and continued support for our athletes and the Academy - parents, families, athletes, coaches, courts and staff, and local businesses keep us running, and we cannot express our gratitude enough.
Looking forward to another successful and fun squash season.