1. What is the oldest professional squash tournament, held each year since 1930?
a) Tournament of Champions
b) British Open
c) World Championships
d) World Tour Finals
2. What is the greatest number of World Squash Championship titles won by any player – achieved by legendary players Jansher Khan and Nicol David?
3. Where was the game of squash played for the first time?
a) Pennsylvania, USA
b) London, England
c) Paris, France
d) New York, USA
4. What are the standard dimensions of a squash court?
a) 9.75m long by 7.15m wide
b) 9.50m long by 6.50m wide
c) 10.00m long by 6.40m wide
d) 9.75m long by 6.40m wide
5. What are the two variations of squash?
a) Fastball and Slowball
b) Hardball and Softball
c) Highball and Lowball
d) There is only one variation of squash
6. What is the official warm-up time before the start of a professional squash match?
a) The time taken to warm the ball up
b) The players determine the warm-up time
c) 5 minutes
d) 4 minutes
7. How long is the interval between games in professional squash?
a) 2 minutes
b) 5 minutes
c) 90 seconds
d) 60 seconds
8. Which country has the greatest number of squash courts?
9. As of 2021, what is the most successful squash nation in Commonwealth Games history with 11 gold medals?
c) New Zealand
10. What is the current world record for the longest squash marathon achieved by Len Granger and Jamie Barnett in the UK in September 2015?
a) 55 hours 24 minutes 16 seconds
b) 26 hours 9 minutes 32 seconds
c) 32 hours 12 minutes 4 seconds
d) 38 hours 0 minutes 27 seconds
Answers: 1A 2D 3B 4D 5B 6D 7C 8B 9A 10D
For more fun facts about our great sport of squash check out our blog post here, and see our squash statistics infographic.