1. A ref denies a let to a player—so the player then quips: “You don’t know how fast I think I am.”
2. A foot-fault is called, and the player queries: “Aren’t you going to warn me first about that?” The ref answers: “And are there any other rules you’d like me to warn you about?”
3. A ref awards a stroke against a player who had gotten royally smacked in the face by a reasonable backswing. The player, after stumbling away, retorts with: “Wadda ya mean, stroke!? I was clear.”
- During another match, explaining to Jonathon Power why a stroke was awarded against him, the ref said: “He was right there.” Power then retorts: “Yeah, well I wasn’t.”
- A player, walking on to the court for what he knows will be a very tough match, asks the ref: “Do you take Visa, Mastercard or American Express?”
Read the full article here and comment which are your favorites or if you've heard any great comebacks during matches let us know!